A.1 Notwithstanding any other provision in these Terms and Conditions we warrant that any Goods sold by us will be free from defects under normal use for a period of at least twelve (12) months after delivery.
A.2 For the purpose of making any claim, you must immediately upon becoming aware of circumstances giving rise to a claim under this clause, notify us in writing setting out full particulars of the claim.
A.3 Many products have extended warranty which will be noted in the details and specifications of that product.
For our standard 12 months comprehensive warranty, Office Furniture Network liability under this warranty is to repair or replace (at its discretion) any part or product covered by this warranty free of charge. Furniture items and chairs have maximum weight capacity’s which must be adhered to as we have ways of telling if items have been subjected to weights exceeding their limits which will cause the warranty to be void.
Office Furniture Network (OFN) will send a part which may have been determined as faulty this part will need to be swapped over by the user. The warranty doesn't cover general maintenance of products which includes making sure all fixing are periodicity checked and tighten, moving parts are kept lubricated and any unusual function are checked and reported. The warranty covers faults with the actual product if the issue is deemed to be related to an assembly faulteg: parts are working loose or were assembled incorrectly and our team didn't do the assembly our warranty will not cover any repair or replacement.
This warranty does not cover:
- Any abnormal wear and tear
- Any damage from abnormal use, or abuse. (ie: arm pads on chairs damaged caused by hitting the desk top or other hard surface, upholstery being ripped or torn by clothing etc...)
- Products which have not been maintained, fixing periodically checked, or which have been modified
- Any indirect or consequential loss.
- Any shipping costs for the return of warranty items (new items supplied to cover the product if deemed faulty will be shipped free of charge) the warranty item must be returned by the user to our nominated warehouse before a replacement item is shipped
- Any packaging or boxing of furniture items that are being returned under warranty.
- Any site visits to view products or repair products.
- Any melamine tops/furniture that have been used outside and have warped due to water exposure or temperature fluctuations. Even if outdoors, but undercover, all melamine tops/furniture need to be positioned indoors in a controlled environment.
- Any products that have been assembled incorrectly, bolts and screws not threaded correctly into furniture or over tighten so that the thread is stripped (screws also must be checked for length before fixing into any furniture items as our warranty does not cover fixings being screwed through and damaging an exposed surface).
- Caster fitted to chairs or mobile furniture items are classed as a moving wearing part so they are cover for 6 months from the purchase date.
- Warranty covers the replacement of faulty parts only, Fitting of replacement parts is not covered by the warranty and needs to be done by the consumer unless deemed not possible by the manufacturer. The replacement of a complete item will be decided by the manufacturer if the item is not able to be fixed.
- This warranty applies only to the original purchase. Proof of purchase is required. All works carried out by a party under instructions from OFN will be covered by the 12 month warranty on workmanship and repair. If the workmanship of the repair is deemed by OFN to be faulty a new item will be provided. All other warranties express or implied, are excluded.
- This warranty applies only to the original purchase. Proof of purchase is required. All works carried out by a party under instructions from OFN will be covered by the 12 month warranty on workmanship and repair. If the workmanship of the repair is deemed by OFNto be faulty a new item will be provided. All other warranties express or implied, are excluded.
B. Credits and refunds.
All goods delivered must be inspected on delivery and notify Office Furniture Network within 48 hours of delivery of any alleged defect, shortage in quantity, damage or failure to comply with the description or quote. We may need an opportunity to inspect the goods within a reasonable time following delivery if you believe the goods are defective in any way. OFN otherwise presumes that everything is in accordance with the terms and conditions and free from any defect or damage.
For defective Goods, which OFN has agreed that the buyer is entitled to reject, our liability is limited to either (at our discretion) replacing the goods or repairing the goods provided that:
1. You have notified us within 48 hours from time of delivery;
2. The goods have been returned to us at the buyer's cost;
3. We will not be liable for goods which have not been stored or used in a proper manner;
4. The goods are returned in a condition as is reasonably possible in the circumstances.
Office Furniture Network offers credits, replacement or refunds to customers for a major failure and for compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage.
Office Furniture Networkdoes not offer full credits or refunds if customers:
- simply change their minds or make a mistake when ordering or has no use for it.
- has damaged the goods by using them in a way that was unreasonable.
- discovers they can buy the goods or services elsewhere.
Unless a request to cancel the order is received before the item has left the warehouse and
delivery has taken place. In this case, a refund will be offered (see associated costs below) or we will amend the order to reflect the correct item and reschedule delivery.
However, if delivered items are still in their original packaging and are unused we may be able to offer an exchange for another item or a refund. A restocking fee of 10% of the cost of the returned item/s, an Administration Fee of $25 and a delivery/re-delivery fee will be incurred to cover costs i.e. $50.00 for a flat pack delivery in our metro delivery zones.
For customers in our metro delivery zones – If the item is not to be replaced, the responsibility of returning the item to the warehouse will be at the customer’s cost. If the item is to be replaced with another product from our warehouse, a standard delivery fee will apply.
If customers outside of our metro delivery zones, change their mind about an item and wish to return it (i.e. it is still in its original packaging, there is no damage to the item and it is not to be replaced under warranty), then the responsibility of returning the item to the warehouse will be at the customer’s cost.
It is highly recommended that customers take out insurance on all freight in case items arrive back at the warehouse damaged or get lost in transit. We are unable to offer a refund on items which arrive back at the warehouse damaged.
If items are not in their original packaging or have already been assembled, whether they have been used or not, we are unable to exchange them or offer a refund.
PLEASE NOTE: NO REFUNDS OR EXCHANGES ARE POSSIBLE FOR CUSTOM MADE ITEMS WHETHER UNUSED OR NOT
C. Return goods.
Where Goods are returned to us, credit will only be issued under the following conditions:
C.1 RETURN AUTHORISATION:
(a) A Goods Return Credit (“GRC”) authority number must be obtained from the our office prior to the return of any Goods. We may refuse to give a GRC authority or accept the return of any Goods;
(b) You must provide the invoice number and date of purchase before a GRC will be issued;
(c) The GRC authority number must be clearly marked on the packaging of Goods returned to us. Failure to comply with this requirement could result in our refusing to accept delivery of the returned Goods.
C.2 CREDIT: All claims for credit must be supported by:
(a) carriers consignment note or similar receipt of delivery;
(b) our relevant invoice number; and
(c) the GRC number issued by us.
C.3 UNACCEPTABLE RETURNS: Without in any way limiting our discretion to refuse to accept the return of any Goods, the following Goods will not be returnable: (a) any Goods that have been held by you or your agent for more than 48 hours; or (b) any Goods which are not in original condition.
C.4 FAULTY GOODS: We will only recognise claims for faulty Goods that are lodged within 48 hours of you receiving the Goods.
C.5 CARRIER: Goods must be returned by the carrier specified by us.
C.6 RESTOCKING FEE You agree to pay us a restocking fee at the rate advised by us from time to time.